The United Way of Central Kansas Board of Directors, Campaign Co-Chairs and Staff, are proud to announce our 2021 Campaign Pacesetters. Each campaign, UWCK calculates the top Workplace Campaigns, combining donor contributions and corporate dollars to determine the Campaign Pacesetters.
As UWCK set out to do our Workplace Campaign in a whole new way, we were encouraged by the strong support we still saw from businesses and individual donors. Though employment numbers were down and countless were hurting financially, many in our community still felt compelled to give. These 10 Workplace Campaigns alone, brought us 25% of the way to our goal, raising $75,000.
Top 10 Workplace Campaigns
- Gold Overall – DILLONS STORES – Great Bend and Larned
- Silver Overall – Marmie Auto Group
- Bronze Overall – Superior Essex
- Adams Brown, LLC - ** SILVER Per Capita Business
- First Kansas Bank - ** BRONZE Per Capita Business
- Northern Natural Gas
- Spectrum CPA ** GOLD Per Capita Business
- Sunflower Electric
- University of Kansas Health Systems – Great Bend & Pawnee Valley Campus
- USD428 – Great Bend Public Schools
2021 Highest Percentage Change
- Mpire Realty – 153% increase in campaign donations from year prior
2021 Leadership Award
- Dennis and Dianne Call
“Dennis and Dianne truly embody the mission of United Way. They not only give funds to support the cause, but support many impact projects through volunteering their time and by setting an example of mobilizing the community to advance the common good. They not only support UWCK, but many of our Community Partners. Dianne retired from the Board of Directors this year, but has already started putting details together for Stuff the Bus this summer. Thank You Dennis and Dianne” Gaila Demel, UWCK Executive Director
“Every year we are humbled by the generosity of giving by so many wonderful people in our communities. It really is all about people helping people here at home. I’m so proud for the opportunity to work with all our Workplace Business Partners and taking time to recognize the commitment from the Employees of each one of our Pacesetters.” Gaila Demel.